vitamin b12 deficiency symptoms
Vitamin B12 is also known as cobalamin. Since our body cannot produce vitamin B-12 by itself, we have to get it through different foods. If the level of this vitamin decreases significantly, various physical complications can occur. Find out which symptoms will tell you that vitamin B-12 has decreased.
1. One of the most common and early symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency is fatigue and weakness. This happens because this vitamin plays an important role in the production of blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. Without enough blood cells, tissues and organs do not receive enough oxygen. As a result, he feels tired and weak.
2. Vitamin B-12 is essential for maintaining a healthy nervous system, including the brain. Decreasing levels can lead to problems like memory loss. Mood disturbances such as depression and irritability may occur.
3. Physical numbness, especially numbness in the hands and feet, is a symptom of vitamin B-12 deficiency. This condition, known as peripheral neuropathy, occurs because B-12 deficiency can damage a substance that surrounds nerves. As a result, the nerves cannot transmit signals properly. Which results in a feeling of numbness. Gradually the condition can become more severe such as muscle weakness, difficulty with balance and coordination.
4. In some cases, vitamin B-12 deficiency can cause vision problems. Optic neuropathy is a condition in which the optic nerve is damaged. This can cause blurred or distorted vision, difficulty recognizing colors, and in severe cases, vision loss.
5. Inflammation of the tongue, swelling of the tongue, redness are symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency. Even mouth ulcers can occur due to lack of this vitamin.
6. As vitamin B-12 deficiency progresses, it can progress to neurological symptoms. Such as walking and balance problems may occur.
7. Skin discoloration is a sign of vitamin B-12 deficiency. This happens because the red blood cells produced in the absence of enough vitamin B-12 can become abnormally large and fragile. This reduces the number of healthy red blood cells in the circulation. This can cause the skin to become pale or yellowish, known as ‘megaloblastic anaemia’.
Source: Times of India
|tag : vitamin b12 deficiency symptoms,vitamin b12 deficiency anemia,vitamin b12 deficiency tongue,vitamin b12 deficiency anaemia,vitamin b12 deficiency test,vitamin b12 deficiency ruined my life, Vitamin b12 deficiency anemia symptoms,vitamin b12 deficiency test name,vitamin b12 deficiency bangla,|